By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Dynamic content area for popup-templates?

Would you have use for an option top have dynamic content in Elementor popups?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perhaps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ø

Ørjan Byberg

Hi!

I am making a website for the purpose of posting articles. In each post I have a button that says "read as popup", which I want to open a popup containing the exact same article displayed in the text editor on the post-page. The only way I have been able to make this work until now, is by copying the content from the text editor into a new popup-template. That means I will have to make a new popup-template for each new article to have the reader be able to read the article as a popup.

I found a way to make the title displayed in the popup dynamic. In the popup-template, I included the Single Post Title Widget, which I had to save as global in order to use it in the popup-template. The title in the popup now changes depending on which post/page the popup is opened from.From what I've read, Elementor still does not have an option for making the content in the popup dynamic. Is there some other plugin, or some workaround, that would make this possible?

In case it is unclear what I wish to do, see the pictures below. One shows the article, as inserted into the content area in the single-post template. The other one shows what I want to be in the popup (the content is supposed to be identical with what's in the single-post template's content area). The reason the content is now identical, is that I have copied the content manually into the popup-template. What I want, is to have the content show up automatically, and dynamically (depending on which post the popup is opened in).

If someone could help, or if Elementor would make it possible to have one content area automatically show the same content as another content area, I would be really grateful!

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2020-10-28 kl. 16.08.15.png
    Skjermbilde 2020-10-28 kl. 16.08.15.png
    558.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Skjermbilde 2020-10-28 kl. 16.08.24.png
    Skjermbilde 2020-10-28 kl. 16.08.24.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 270

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official