By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question WP template error - 'the content area was not found'

misspressa

misspressa

Hi everyone. First thing to say is that I am not a web developer, I've just been building my own website using elementor and so far so good. Except for a couple of issues, one of which I am hoping you can help with.

I am trying to set up the WP footer using the footer template, but I'm getting this error message: "Sorry, the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page." See photo.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 19.46.02.png

I've looked for help on elementor but can't seem to find anything that relates to templates. Has anyone else had this experience and know how I can fix it? Or alternatively know a work around to create a new footer.

Thanks very much in advance.

elementor official
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
This is typically a plugin conflict, sometimes it only needs plugins to be disabled and re-enabled to make things start again. We've found that the most common cause of this is plugins which require a shortcode included in a page. Such as a plugin called everywhere slider which only requires a de-activation and everything works again.

Have you tried deactivating plugins one by one to find the one thats causing it ?

elementor official
elementor official