By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Where to put the php code to stop the "You must call 'the_content' function in the current template" error.

Have you had a problem with the error message: "You must call 'the_content' function in the current

• Yes, but solved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope. Hasn't been an issue yet.

• Don't know what you're talking about.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

RickyO

I'm using the Hello theme and the Hello Child Theme. Obviously, it is better to put any changes in the Child theme so that any updates in the Hello theme won't change modifications I've made. That said, I am having issues with the "You must call 'the_content' function in the current template, in order for Elementor to wok on the page."
I've read through the elementor doc (docs.elementor.com/article/56-content-area-not-found) , but I am still at a loss as to where I should insert the modification: <?php the_content(); ?> and in which file IN EACH THEME I should put it.
Also, still not clear on the bit that a homepage that shows latest posts is considered an archive page. I get the obvious that it is possibly showing links and a little content of archived posts, but why is the homepage considered an archive itself??
(First topic is the most important ....)
Thanks in advance.

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Is this happening on a WooCommerce page? Shop, Cart, and others like it cause the issue because the shortcode on that page belongs to WooCommerce. I'm still trying to find a way around it.

I would make the homepage static in the Appearance => Customize section.

Try to put the code in the functions.php file of the child theme.

R

RickyO

No, this is happening whenever we create a new page in WP using the Hello theme or the Hello Child theme and try to use the 'Default Theme' option in WP/Add Page/Page Attributes/Template, and then try to publish it. When we then go to Elementor to edit, we get the error.

We've tried using the Elementor Full Page choice in WP/Add Page/Page Attributes/Template. That appears to be working well; so I'm thinking it has to do with the Hello or Hello Child themes.

But that doesn't get us to where we want to be. We want to use the Hello Child theme as the Default Theme. My understanding is that if we have to chose either Elementor Full Page or Elementor Canvas as the Page Attributes/Template choice, we are not using the Hello Child Theme, which we understand to be lighter and faster.

We tried putting the code in the functions.php file of child theme. Didn't help. Then we tried in the Hello theme. Didn't help either.

It's not just a problem in the homepage, but in every page we create. Therefore, I really wish Elementor would make the changes so that everyone could benefit. There are a number of complaints when I google the subject.

Thanks, but still looking for a solution; or at least a better understanding.

Thanks again!

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

What I usually do to create the page is:
From Dashboard go to Pages => Add New.
Enter the title and Save as Draft.
On that same page, click on the Edit with Elementor button.

1586099154192.png

This should take you to the editing for the page.
When you have finished building the page, choose to Publish.
Then you should be able to edit again in the future.

R

RickyO

Again, please see my last post.

"With the Hello or the Hello Child themes, it will not let editing in Elementor."
Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official