By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Where do I go to re-display my home page properly?

L

logostrainer

Hi, I'm a new user of Elementor Pro, and I'm excited about its features. However, I struggle a lot with 'Where to go to make which changes?'

Here is an example of a current problem in my new website:
  • the website is: www logosbijbelsoftware nl (with dots)
  • the website is a combination of a set of pages and a weblog
  • I am using the Astra theme, and Elementor Pro, and ECAE (Easy Custom Auto Excerpt Premium)
  • I successfully set up a template for the weblog, and set the condition to display the template only on Archive, which as a result should apply to 'Boekenblog' under the menu of 'Boekbesprekingen'.
So far, so good.
  • However, since I published that template (called Blog Template),my homepage is not being properly displayed anymore!
This is what I did to troubleshoot:
  • I checked if the home page was still there, and it was
  • through Appearance --> Customize, I checked the homepage settings which are still correct: static page, page = Home
  • However, the homepage is displayed as an empty blog page
  • I checked if there was another page called 'Home', but there is only one page, and that's the correct one. The only thing is that the content of that page is not being displayed as the home page.
  • I removed the single condition for display that I had given to the template, and now it applies to none
  • I even trashed the new Blog Template, but with no result. It seems that that whole template was not being used at all :s:s
I'm at a loss! Where do I go to change the current misbehavior of the home page?

Thanks for any advice!!

L

logostrainer

SOLVED - found a suggestion to deactivate all plugins, and activate them one-by-one again, to see if any plugin was causing the problem. And yes, it was the Easy Custom Auto Excerpt plugin...

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official