By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Video widget - self hosted autoplay not working in live enviornment

N

NyNyDanDan

Hi All - I created a VSL page and have placed the video into my media library and chose the self-hosted option. I also ticked the autoplay slider. When the page loads into the Elementor creation environment the video autoplays. When I choose the preview option, it autoplays. But when I'm logged out of WP and paste the URL into the browser address bar...no autoplay :-( I tried it with Chrome and Edge and am getting the same result in both. This also included clearing cache and cookies at each test. I tried posting a link so you can see/test it for yourself but am not able to. I don't have enough forum posts to include a link. If it would help I'd be happy to DM the link - any help you can offer would be great! Thanks...

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

• Many browsers, particularly the most recent versions, automatically block videos from automatically playing, particularly ones with audio.
  • Most mobile devices, including Apple iPhones, Apple iPads and many Android and Microsoft devices do not support the video autoplay feature so your video will not play automatically if a visitor is on one of these devices.
  • Some desktop or laptop browsers also automatically block videos from automatically playing or may automatically mute the audio.
You can try muting the audio some have said that works

elementor official
N

NyNyDanDan

Thanks for weighing in SMS-D. Geez - with all of those stipulations, what good is it these days having a VSL? I'll be running sponsored FB ads to drive traffic. Someone lands on my page and they have to click a play button to watch/hear my message will certainly bounce instantly and ad spend is wasted...

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official