By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question video controls not working on Safari

W

Why_London

We have used the video module to upload a self hosted video file. It is functioning perfectly across all platforms except safari. Here, the video controls are not working as desired. They appear in the lightbox, but once any one of them is clicked, the action closes the video.

This seems to be a Safari specific problem - has anyone else experienced and overcome it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

You should maybe update your elementor version to start there are a few mentions in their change log about the lightbox widget. Or swap to dFactory lightbox which gives you seven lightboxs in one plugin. It's never let me down. Or WP Video Lightbox

In fact I just googled and found a writeup by Elementor

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

What widget and which lightbox? And version of Safari / MAC OS

elementor official
W

Why_London

What widget and which lightbox? And version of Safari / MAC OS
We are using the video functionality built into elementor Pro 2.5.9 which creates it's own lightbox.
mac OS - Mojave v.10.14.6
Safari - 13.0.4

elementor official
W

Why_London

In all honesty I should have done that first - schoolboy error - I blame too many mince pies. Thanks for your help, the update sorted all the issues and videos are working in safari now. Thanks for your help and also the link to those plugins. Happy New Year

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Your welcome Happy New Year please mark your post as solved

elementor official
W

Why_London

I would if I could, but there is no obvious way to mark this as solved... but it is!

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official