By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Vertical gap on one-pager with Elementor

macbroadcast

macbroadcast

[Solved]
Hello experts
using WordPress for a couple of years, but this is my first elementor one-pager , everything went fine, till I recognized that the browser scrollbar appeared, caused by a small vertical gap on the site, from top to bottom (checked on any device),everything is on full with, is there a setting I am missing? kim-wegener.com
Thanks a lot

elementor official

Attachments

Last edited:
Tonio

Tonio

Did you solve the problem? Because I don't see a gap watching your site on a Windows 10 laptop. Tried different browsers but all were fine.

elementor official
macbroadcast

macbroadcast

hi tonio, you don't see the gap, like in the screenshot on the right side? , that's weird i even tried on a responsiveness Testing site and saw it.I am on ubuntu with chrome,but on mobile the headline "English Language training", is not even on the cover image, it's far on the right side, I am clueless, but thanks for testing

elementor official

Attachments

Last edited:
Tonio

Tonio

Here is the screenshot from Windows 10/Firefox laptop:
screenshot Kim W.JPG
screenshot Kim W.JPG

And here is one on my android phone:

Screenshot_android phone.png
Screenshot_android phone.png

The information is there but on the phone the whole column is on the far left. Different browsers handle things slightly different. Personally I always check as many devices and browsers as possible.
I think the main problem here comes from the positoning of the headline text 'English language training' and the button. You probably positioned it to the right, adding some blank space on the left side of that text? So everything else will be pushed to the left. At least, that is my guess.

elementor official
macbroadcast

macbroadcast

Thanks someone posted this on facebook and after figured out the element which was overboard and caused this behavior i was able to fix it. elementorcodes.com/easily-debug-horizontal-scrolling/

elementor official
Tonio

Tonio

Glad you solved that, bookmarked the site for myself too, might come in handy in the future.

Something else crossed my mind: the difference in layout on a desktop may be caused by a difference in screen resolution. You can define the size of margins and pictures in pixels, but also in percentage. Might be a good idea to always use percentage, that way things will look right on any screen resolution.

elementor official
elementor official