By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Using Elementor and Carousel setting margin to "- 400 "

giovannino

giovannino

Hi,
I inserted a Carousel on home page and set margin to -400 (minus 400) in order to block it just under header bar.
Once done , when I come back to add other sections I can't anymore to see the default elementor insert area . Probably it's under the Carousel .... area
It's really a strange behavior and I can't carry on without the possibility to add other sections.
In addition to that I can't see also the small azure icons area over the Carousel section and so I can't edit it anymore.
1586869515378.png

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I think negative margin sets you up above where you want to be. I would play with that a bit.

Or, you take the missing icons and make the z-index 9999.

This will be an interesting page once you complete it.

elementor official
giovannino

giovannino

Hello Koni,
I'm very newbie with WP but If I set Z-index to 9999 does it means that that section is above all other ones or am I wrong ?
My goal is to have a Carousel background for the home page with full screen width . Above the carousel I would like to make appear texts or other sections . If I put 9999 I suppose I can't add anything more.
In my opinion New Elementor insert area would stay over everything also if there is margin negative set.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I think the z-index brings the highest number to the top.

How did you make the Carousel itself? I agree that the editor should be visible no matter what.

Maybe Ferdy can help?

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official