By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official
S

sarpaedon

Hi all,

Admitted newbie here. I am trying out elementor for the first time and in general loving it except that I can't update a page when I am done editing it - rendering it effectively useless. Let me give you a few details and someone can tell me the obvious thing I am missing. The interesting thing is that I can create a new site, create it, and then make one update, but then I cannot make any further updates. I get a server error 500. I have had an exhausting back and forth with my hosting provider and they are out of options, so I am turning here for some help!

I am using elementor v2.9.2, Ocean WP v1.7.4

A few troubleshooting items I have checked-

1) I have tried multiple different browsers, and safe mode in case of a cache issue
2) Increased the PHP memory limit to 512
3) Switched themes and then switched back
4) Checked my PHP error logs - dating back to november, there are two warnings, associated with Ocean extra - quiet string. based on some googling there is a fix and my version is appropriately updated
5) Checked with my hosting provider to make sure there isn't a security issue
6) Removed and reinstalled both Ocean WP and Elementor

I am out of ideas and could use your help!

Best

elementor official
Paul

Paul

Hi
I have had the same problem since yesterday. Not sure why but suddenly started to get Server error 500. I removed a plugin called yoast and also saved everything i wanted as a template then deleted the page causing the error and created a new page then added the template. This seemed to work for me I hope it helps.

Forget everything i said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have started to get Error 500 when trying to save again

Paul

elementor official
Last edited:

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official