By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Unwanted spacing top and bottom in text editor?

J

JELJEL3000

Hi,

I've encountered an issue on two sites i am working on, and can't seem to find the issue.
It occurs with the Hestia theme and Customizr Theme. I have updated all of themes, Elementor, and the latest Wordpress version.

The issue is that there is unwanted spacing above the text editor:

1591269728516.png

The text is plain body text, there are no margins, and the outline is set to top. I do not know where to loook to resolve this issue.
The inspector tells me this:

1591269920365.png

these orange spacings are in every text element, but I do not know where to remove them?

Any help greatly appreciated.

elementor official
V

vinnie2k

Orange for Dutch customers should not be a problem :)
Identify the source of the spacing using your browsers HTML analysis capability and then fix it either by going to the theme or by adding custom CSS.

elementor official
J

JELJEL3000

Orange for Dutch customers should not be a problem :)
Identify the source of the spacing using your browsers HTML analysis capability and then fix it either by going to the theme or by adding custom CSS.
Thanks for your reply. Do I use the inspector for that you mean? or something different?

elementor official
J

JELJEL3000

Thanks for your help. I have found the source of the spacing:

1591345687581.png

and resolved it by adding custom CSS:

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6, p{margin-top: 0}

Thanks a bunch!

elementor official
V

vinnie2k

I'm glad, but this is only a workaround: that space really shouldn't be there in the first place. Did you talk to the theme guys?

elementor official
J

JELJEL3000

I have not talked to the theme guys. It occurs in 2 different themes also. Should I contact them or could it be something on my end?

elementor official
V

vinnie2k

Interesting. Maybe both themes are programmed to have those spaces. Asking them would narrow down the possible sources.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official