By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Unwanted Link Underlines: Can't Remove

Nephuxs

Nephuxs

I'm experiencing strange issues with the builder. I've seen multiple threads on here, and no solutions. I've tried the custom CSS solution, I've gone through each individual typography setting and all global settings and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'm convinced Elementor is glitched or bugged.

Anything has has a URL attached to it, whether it be text, image, icon, etc, all have a strange, thin underline on it. Anyone know how to remove this?

This is not the same as adding a text underline decoration, this is something else.

1633835681797.png

Example, the blue line in questions.
1633835696513.png

The line goes away when I hover the mouse over it.
1633835723279.png

An example of me manually adding an underline, as you can see, it's additional to the existing version.

I'm using Elementor Basic and a blank canvas.

Nephuxs

Nephuxs

I'd like to point out I found this code when I inspected the site, turning it off disables all the underlines, but it won't disable in the actual builder, just the inspect panel.
1633909140575.png

Nephuxs

Nephuxs

I've solved it, will show solution here in case anyone is having the same issue.

This is a wordpress global secondary color issue that interferes with the Elementor builder using the BLANK template. Doing that will disallow you to turn off that underline.

I solved this by simply changing the theme of the site from BLANK to another template, in my case, Twenty-Two. Can confirm my site retained 99% of my build and underline is gone.

E

elementor-tww

Hi
What is a "Blank-Template" for you? Do you mean the Elementor "Hello" theme? If i use the Hello-Theme" i don't have this issue
Andreas

Nephuxs

Nephuxs

The blank theme I was referring to was the wp-engine Appearance.
1634415988286.png

E

elementor-tww

I found on wordpress .org:
"Blank Canvas is a minimalist theme, designed for single-page websites. Its single post and page layouts have no header, navigation menus, or widgets by default, so the page you design in the WordPress editor is the same page you’ll see on the front end. The theme’s default styles are conservative, relying on simple sans-serif fonts and a subtle blue highlight color. Blank Canvas is ready for your customizations."
This is what you want?
I think if you work with Elementor the best theme to start is the "Hello" theme from Elementor. Switch to this theme and taste it.
Andreas

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official