By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Trying to understand how get_settings_for_display() works

K

Kala

Hello,
I'm trying to create my first custom elementor widget.
What I cannot wrap my head around is how elementor is getting attributes for what it's displaying.

for example in the "Text editor widget" we have the following code responsible for the rendering.

protected function render()
{
$editor_content = $this->get_settings_for_display( 'editor' );

$editor_content = $this->parse_text_editor( $editor_content );

$this->add_render_attribute( 'editor', 'class', [ 'elementor-text-editor', 'elementor-clearfix' ] );

$this->add_inline_editing_attributes( 'editor', 'advanced' );
?>
<div <?php echo $this->get_render_attribute_string( 'editor' ); ?>><?php echo $editor_content; ?></div>
<?php
}

But there are multiple controlls, controlling how this element element should looki like. for example there is the "alighn" control. It's not references here but the text is still aligned correctly. Why? thabk you!

Kala

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official