By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Trying to create a dynamic grid of image boxes

mjc_carver

mjc_carver

Hi all,

I'm a pretty new Elementor user, trying to solve a problem that has vexed me for a while now. I have a page where I present links to external news stories, position papers, etc. (let's say "items" for current purposes),each of which consists of an image (publisher's logo) with a title and date below. It looks a bit like a typical section displaying blog posts or a portfolio BUT all the links are to other publishers' pages. Using Image Boxes in three columns is perfect in terms of the display I'm looking for - I can hyperlink both the image and the title and add some nice effect to the image.

Looks like the attached screenshot, second one to show how the Image Boxes are currently built (sorry, not allowed to post a link, which would be more helpful). This is perfect from a design perspective, until I need to add a new item ...

information_page.jpg information_page_wp.jpg

When I add a new item, I (logically) want this to occupy the top left space in the grid, effectively displacing the existing items to the right and moving the third item of the top line to the LH position of the next row. Exactly like you would add a new image in a gallery, a new portfolio item etc.

But I cannot find a neat solution for this functionality. Image Boxes would have to be manually re-arranged each time; Image galleries won't let me place properly formatted and hyperlinked text below; Livemesh Team won't allow hyperlinking of either the image or the text; Premium Addons Premium Grid won't allow me to place text below the image ... I'm at a loss!

Ideally, I'm looking for a solution within the free plugins, as this is a pro bono project for a community group. However, I have another project with the same requirement where I have some budget for plugins, if there is a solution to be had in the expanded offerings.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be eternally grateful!
m

elementor official
elementor official