By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

themes short circuit application of single template against blog posts

N

nbi

My site is very simple with the landing page featuring a menu that has a "blog" link. When the user clicks "blog" they should be taken to the first blog post rendered according to the "single" template. That isn't what happens though. It seems the active theme hijacks this rendering of the blog post so that the theme's rendering is used instead of the single template I created. My current configuration uses the "Twenty Nineteen" theme. This results in an oddly rendered blog post which has a title that is a link to the page that should be rendered according to the template. As a workaround I use redirection so that the user goes to the correct (rendered per template) post page, but this is a kludge that shouldn't be necessary and could easily break.

Is there some way to force use of a template so that the active theme can't interfere with the rendering of a post? Or is the only option not to use that theme (which may degenerate into not using *any* theme)?

BTW, the "Post Content" widget produces horribly formatted output which is difficult to control as there seem to be no widget attributes for detailed control of the text. It looks like custom CSS will be necessary to cope with this PITA. Goes without saying that Elementor Pro could use a bit more polish.

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

In wp > settings > reading remove the posts page ref to blog so it just says select ie: nothing.

Now follow this video to setup your templates/post layouts

elementor official
elementor official