By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Templates and Posts

B

begin2speak

I am quite new to Elementor as well as Wordpress and I am fighting myself through this jungle for almost 1 month now. Most things seem not work very intuitively for me and now I am stuck already 2 days with the concept of posts.
I want to have one Template for all of my Posts which I created with Single Posts in the Theme Builder. I also created a "Template", which basically is a table created with some inner sections, headings and text editor, which should be on the top of all my posts, but the text in the table vary in each post. (It should give a short overview what this text is about, what you'll learn in this text, the level of difficulty of the text, and the time required to read the whole text).
But I dont manage to do that. If I insert the template widget in my Post, this template is not changeable in the text.

I think I am proceeding the whole thing from the wrong way. In the Theme Builder I create my Post layout which I can set up conditions to all my posts, right? So if I want all my posts with this layout I say Display Conditions -> All singular?!
Then I go to Posts and Make a new Post. I add the text and whatever in Edit in Elementor right?

Gosh I am frustrated. I tried many hours. I tried to create my table template with Post content widgets but its also not varieable in the actual post.

elementor official
Last edited:
B

begin2speak

Ok watching half night tutorials I think I finally got it. Its called Custom Fields. It works for some things, but how can I add an Button in the value?
I want that on my posts appear icons of 'listening' or 'reading' symbols depending if the article is about one of this criteria. So I would need a simple what if function and the possibility to choose icons and not only text values. Any idea?

elementor official
Last edited:

3quid

Install ACF (advanced custom fields).
Create custom fields for posts (all or specific categories). one Field could be called 'Type'.
Edit post and add details required. 'Type' field could contain 'Reading'
Edit elementor post template
Create table and use ACF fields via dynamic tags.
Save template
View post

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official