By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Template with dynamic content or static pages?

K

KingBel

Hi,

Sorry, if this has been covered before, but I am new here and have this specific dilemma.

I need to redevelop a website which has in excess of 300 pages and over 2000 documents.. not to mention over 1500 FAQs. I have chosen Wordpress and Elementor.

Now the first issue is:
Ideally I want to create a page template that can be reused and applied when creating a new content page. This is generally fairly static content, but I do want the ability to be able to edit the template and have that change applied across all pages that have already been created using that template block/section. Is this possible, or do I have to create a custom post type for that content so that the info is dynamically pulled into the template?

2nd issue:
What is the best way to handle all these documents? Should I create a custom post type with a file property so that I can attach the file to it? The documents all have to have significant taxonomy and metadata attached to it and should be searchable and filterable.. I have seen that possibly SearchWP and FacetWP may be good options to create this.. but is this the best route?

3rd issue:
Maybe a moot question, or not appropriate for this forum, but is Wordpress a good solution for a website of this size? I am concerned about speed and optimization.

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: I should add that I would want to be able to add 'dynamic' content to these pages, i.e document links, faq lists that correspond to the taxonomy that has been applied to the page (for example, if the page has been tagged with 'ferrari', then any docs and faqs with the the taxonomy 'ferrari' should be displayed on this page)

elementor official
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest Products

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official