By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Template section gone from menu?

A

AmberElferink

Hi,

Half a year back I have worked a lot on a new website with elementor. Now, I want to adjust something in the footer I thought I had made with the Templates feature of Elementor. (I remember that I did a lot of customizing on the header, so it pretty much must be what I have used.) However, after updating Wordpress to Version 5.2.1, Elementor to 2.5.16 and Elementor Pro to 2.5.9, I cannot find the elementor templates section anymore.
Normally, it was always located here:
1560618419946.png

In the new version, it is gone, and I cannot find my header and footer templates (which are still visible on the website itself) to edit.

1560618375743.png

Where has this function moved to? I tried the Templates button below Elementor, but my header is not there, only a screen temporary screen to show in maintenance mode.

elementor official
P

pierrecor

I have the same question. I have created an elaboborate header to be reused but cannot access the template and it it cumbersome to recreate it from start every time I want to use it.

Perhaps we need to open a ticket with Elementor.

elementor official
A

AmberElferink

Can be a good idea @pierrecor. Where can you open a ticket though? I cannot really find a place
to submit a ticket. Do you know where I can do that? Elementor pro ran out a few months ago for me.

elementor official
P

pierrecor

I have found out what's cooking. The header and foorter is saved as themes and when you open the theme builder it might be there as in the image. There is a menu option to export the header "theme". I have not tested it yet and it will appear in the template library - have some visitors now.

1564578995962.png

elementor official
elementor official