By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Table of Contents Showing Bullet and Icon

sydneym

sydneym

Hello,

I created a table of contents using the Elementor element. The content list shows double markers. If I select numbers, it shows "1. 1. [section name]". If I select bullets, it shows "* * [section name]" (the * are bullets). Here is a screenshot example:

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 12.07.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 12.12.19 PM.png

Any idea how to make this stop?

A few more details: The headings it's pulling in do not have numbers in them. They are set as H3. I didn't do anything special with them. I just added the heading element, changed the text, and set it as H3.

Thank you!

elementor official
Lula86

Lula86

Hi!

I'm having the same exact issue. Did you solve it by any chance?

Thank you!

elementor official
sydneym

sydneym

I never figured it out. I just started using another plugin but then we redesigned our website and ditched Elementor so it's not a problem anymore.

I'm sorry I can't offer a solution. I never found one.

elementor official
A

Agemo

It could be a bug and an update might fix it but I am not sure, worth a look at the gihub page

https:// github.com/ elementor/ elementor/ issues

(remove the spaces from the above link as the forum software will not let me post a link yet!) :rolleyes:

Mayne you can find or raise a bug/issue here to get it fixed.

I tested it on a site I had open, plugins p3.0.3 & e3.0.5 and it seemed to work ok.

elementor official
Lula86

Lula86

Hi Agemo,

thank you for your reply.
I got in touch with Elementor's Support Team and they found out that it is a problem of my theme's CSS.
Maybe this was the case also for Sydneym.
Now I'm getting in touch with my theme support's team, hoping it can be solved with just some CSS changing.

elementor official
A

Agemo

Ok cool. Good to know.

makes me wonder what about switching to elementors Hello theme or something like Generator Press - are you locked into the theme you have?

elementor official
Lula86

Lula86

Hi, thank you for your suggestion.
I tried to switch to Elementor's Full Witdh canvas and the TOC is working good. But doing so I will loose the theme's sidebar which is very nice. I tried changing some CSS code by myself in order to find a solution but I'm not so good at coding! :rolleyes:

I bought this theme only a month ago and I really like it. If theme's support team can find a solution then good, problem solved! If they can't, I will use Elementor's Full Witdh canvas then and try to make a different sidebar.

elementor official
A

Agemo

Alright... Sydneym is an interesting looking theme, and the pro comes with some extra blocks. Interesting.

I did a quick search and see on this site https://athemes.com/theme/sydney/ there is the claim that, "SYDNEY IS OFFICIALLY RECOMMENDED BY ELEMENTOR" - Sounds great and I'm sure you purchased also the strength of that messaging and claim and you would like it to end that way.

Sooner rather than later!

elementor official
Lula86

Lula86

Hi Agemo,

oh no, Sydney is not my theme!
Sorry, maybe I was not able to explain myself (sorry for my bad English!).

Sydenym was the user who opend this thread, who had the same issue. What I was trying to say is that maybe also for her the problem was in the theme's CSS.

My theme is a commecial one (called Hello Chic) not specifically made for Elementor. But it's working good and the only issue I found (for the moment) is this one with the TOC.
I don't know if I can post here any link, but if you search the theme's name you should find it. ;)

Anyway, thank you for your support!

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official