By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question SSL and 127.0.0.1

glgrazi

glgrazi

I am preparing my new site on my computer before moving it in a hosting place.
I have used XAMPP for this task.
Then I have installed Wordpress and further on Elementor Pro.

When checking the site with Wordpress, one of the errors found was that site was not running on SSL.
I knew this, but I felt it could be wise to start SSL even on my computer. Just to check.

I installed Happy SSL (or something similar),but I do not have a valid certificate on my computer for 127.0.0.1 (I do not need it, indeed).
Unfortunately, now my browser does not acquire a private connection with my site and the site is reported as "not safe".

Thus: 1) I am not running my site on SSL; 2) I have a problem that I am not able to solve.

How can I be back to the previous condition (before installing the plugin) or I can I solve the privacy problem (a sel-product certificate?)

Thank you for any advice

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Do you have a previous backup of your site? If so, you should be able to reinstall the backup.

This may help too:

Are you using a host? Or do you want to host it on your personal computer? I do not think you can do that. You may need to get a website host, in this case one who specializes in Wordpress. They should offer you an SSL as part of the hosting service. Then you can place your current files with them.

Good luck! I hope one of these suggestions works for you.

elementor official
elementor official