By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

single post template

huck222

huck222

Hi everyone
How do i use a post template for new posts?

have mercy with total beginner =),i’m struggling with what i thought is the easiest stuff. But i find it totally counterintuitive so far.
I just set up a blog/ Single Post template. My thinking was, after setting it up (according to this tutorial youtube.com/watch?v=8Fk-Edu7DL0) the template will open when i write new single post,
But after Add New Post/Edit with Elementor - a pretty blank thing opens.
1602943642876.jpeg

on top the yellow „Edit Single Post“. Meaning exactly what?
Maybe „Open existing template and create post IN it?"
When i click the yellow thing, i cannot edit the title/ text in it.

Also, my templates do not appear in „Templates":
1602943642904.jpeg

but when i create a new T., it is there in "Library/My Templates":
1602943642934.jpeg

I see no logic in it all, i’m going nuts in circles =/
What do i get wrong?
So again, How do i use a post template for new posts?
Appreciate your help, thanks a lot!!

By the way: The header of my blog page was created with DIVI. So, Divi theme is active. I want to change that soon, but meanwhile i thought it should not interfere. I think the condition for the Elementor template „all single posts“ should overwrite anything alike in DIVI. Right?

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official