By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Show and Hide Elements based on user role

MJS

MJS

Hi All, I have a question that may be obvious however I am unsure on how to achieve it. Is there a way to show and hide elements, like a button or links, in elementor based on user roles? For example have a button show up if the user is not logged into the system but then be invisible if the user is logged in.

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

There is various solutions and loads of plugins > what type of site are you building.

You also have the WP user role manager

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Here's a fair review of plugins and there are lots

If you are looking for a almost free solution with a good community forum "S2 Member"

elementor official
Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
The way I've done it is a bit of a mixture of plugin and custom functions, Although I havent got time to help you with your function, maybe you can do what you require with this example (Which is actually more complex than you would need as integrates a few different aspects for us.

So I would use : https://wordpress.org/plugins/ele-conditions/

I would then enter something like

Code:
$haveCourses === true
In the conditional part of the section ( which the above plugin produces )

Code:
function new_keywords( $custom_vars ){$custom_vars['haveCourses'] = false;
    $current_user_id = get_current_user_id();
    $member = new MeprUser($current_user_id);
    $active_memberships = $member->active_product_subscriptions();
    if (!empty($active_memberships)){foreach ($active_memberships as $key => $value){$post_type = get_field('associated_post_type', $value);
            if ($post_type != NULL && $post_type != 'NULL' && $post_type != 'post'){$post_types[] = get_field('associated_post_type', $value);
            }
        }
    }
    global $post;
    $fields =get_fields($post->ID);
    if ($fields){foreach($fields as $key=>$val)
        {
            if ($val == ''){$custom_vars['acf_' . $key] = false;
            } else {
                $custom_vars['acf_' . $key] = true;
            }
        }
    }
    if (!empty($post_types)){$custom_vars['haveCourses'] = true;
    }
    $custom_vars['test'] = $post->ID;
    return $custom_vars;
}