By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Separate styles based on category?

E

Exigeous

I'm working with a designer on a new site using Elementor, which I'm very new to. I've worked with WP a bit so I know this can be done just curious what the best way to skin this cat it.

We will have sub-sites, based on category, of our main site - each with it's own color scheme and header. So the same design/layout, just those will be different. In the past I've created custom templates for each style then you just chose the correct template when you write the article. So the question is should I go about this that way, coping/creating new templates or is there a better/easier way in Elementor to do this? BTW easy is key here ;-)

Thanks much, sorry if this is a stupid question.

~X

sms-design

sms-design

Using Elementor Pro and the Theme Builder you can design your posts based on category and apply styles as required

E

Exigeous

Using Elementor Pro and the Theme Builder you can design your posts based on category and apply styles as required

Okay, great - now - any idea on HOW to do that?? I'm new to Elementor but am using the Pro version. I just want to change the main colors and header image for a specific category (well several).

sms-design

sms-design

Best start with the guide done by Elementor and there are plenty of excellent videos on you know where

E

Exigeous

Best start with the guide done by Elementor and there are plenty of excellent videos on you know where
Uh, okay - so you mean all the guides I already found with a simple Google search? Yeah, found those long before asking a specific question here as I don't see anything specific to my question, that's why I asked it here.

Anyone else have any specific information that would help as I too can search Google.

sms-design

sms-design

This simple specfic video will help you understand Elementor & The Theme Builder it's only 28 mins

E

Exigeous

So does anyone else have any helpful input for this specific question? Some seem to not understand I can search for general guides really easily but I'm asking a very specific question I can't seem to work out.

Anyone else?

Thanks!

sms-design

sms-design

the theme builder allows you to create pages and posts according to categories that you previously created so in other words if you've got a category called walks when you setting up your template for your posts you would assign a condition to say if it's in this category please use this style that's associated with the walks category.

hugosnel

hugosnel

I need to assign categories to pages of different languages in order to have appropriate headers with navigation in the correct language.
I do not see which categories to use.
I have tried installing an extension enabling categories to pages but that does not seem to wok.

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

@hugosnel You can create a category for each language and that may work.Create a template for each page and call the category by the language.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official