By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official
B

bcseyes

Howdy,

I'm trying to create a section that will expand and collapse using a button and jQuery.animate (in an html widget). Everything is working, but I'm having an issue with getting the correct initial height of the section. The height being returned by jQuery for the section is larger than the contents of the section. This leaves a large section of white space at the bottom of the section being expanded. The section contains several inner sections with the intent being to hide all but 5 until the button is pressed.

For testing, I start it out with the section expanded and it renders correctly (no extra white space at the bottom). When I collapse the section then expand it again, the extra white space at the bottom shows because the height I'm getting is too tall.

I'm using jQuery("#qa_column").height();.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-John

elementor official
B

bcseyes

Update:

I got this working correctly by querying the height in the window load handler. Now I'm having an issue with the button which is fixed to the bottom of the div. It sticks properly to the bottom of the section in Chrome desktop and mobile. On IE11 and Edge, the button sticks to the bottom of the browser. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Elementor docs state that support for IE&Edge is provided on a best endeavors. Namely some things will work and others won't

elementor official
elementor official