By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Section IDs within one element

L

LolFinity

Hello folks,

I'm currently rebuilding our about us page.
It is currently built fully as a single run down page with different section IDs applied. Several pages do link to these section IDs on different occasions.

I'm now trying to actually build a FAQ/Toggle which should include several of these section IDs.
The problem is that Elementor only allows me to assign one CSS-ID to the whole element and not on a sub-element basis.

I already tried solving the problem with wrapping the content of let's say one FAQ point and assigning the section ID, though this doesn't work in any way.

Is there actually a way I could use several section IDs within one element, e.g. in a FAQ and once the site+section id is called, the linked FAQ section is loading unfolded?

Would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.

Kind Reagrds
Chris

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Some more information about version of
  • wordpress
  • elementor free/pro
  • widget
  • theme
  • Web browser
  • OS mac/pc/linux
Screenshot or site url may help people answer your questions.

elementor official
L

LolFinity

Well, I can list them here, but don't think that will help in any way.

• wordpress = 5.3.2
  • elementor free/pro = pro 2.8.1
  • widget = FAQ or Toggle
  • theme = custom theme
  • Web browser = doesn't matter
  • OS mac/pc/linux = doesn't matter
The main question I have, is simply if it's possible to assign section IDs within a widget and not only for the whole widget.

Use case would be to actually call a section ID on a specific page and the called site automatically jumps to the assigned FAQ point and opens it.

Kind Regards
Chris

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Add a section then add an inner section to your section now each inner section/column can have a unique id.

Opening your assign FAQ point there is a discussion on GitHub about opening a specific tab/toggle/accordion from a link https://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues/2993

But also have a look at Crocoblock > jet tabs

elementor official
Last edited:
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

You can add a specific inner section with an id. It doesn't matter what the actual wrapper is called. For instance, id=question-wrap is the section and then id=question1 is the section within the wrap.

You could also keep the wrap id but make each section a class. This would be easier to link to.
Just use the Advance section of the editor.

elementor official
L

LolFinity

Add a section then add an inner section to your section now each inner section/column can have a unique id.

Opening your assign FAQ point there is a discussion on GitHub about opening a specific tab/toggle/accordion from a l

But also have a look at Crocoblock > jet tabs
You can add a specific inner section with an id. It doesn't matter what the actual wrapper is called. For instance, id=question-wrap is the section and then id=question1 is the section within the wrap.

You could also keep the wrap id but make each section a class. This would be easier to link to.
Just use the Advance section of the editor.
Thanks you two, I didn't actually even thought about the possibility to just use several widget and one element each only and then apply the section IDs to them separately.

This did the trick.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Glad we could help!
Can you please edit the beginning of this post to say ** Solved! ** so that others with the same question may find it?
Thank you.

elementor official
L

LolFinity

Glad we could help!
Can you please edit the beginning of this post to say ** Solved! ** so that others with the same question may find it?
Thank you.
If you tell me how I can possibly do this, sure.
As far as I can see, I can't edit the first post nor the Topic.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Thank you.
If you go the text editor of the your original comment, below your actual writing, you should see personal choices.
Choose Edit, and then choose Save once you have made your comment.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official