By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Search Form element has a 1.618 em margin-bottom

Yluky

Yluky

Hi, it seems that the element Search Form has a 1.618 em margin-bottom, so I can not get it centered vertically as the rest of elements. See attached. Using Elementor Pro and Storefront theme.
Thank you!

Attachments

• margin-bottom.png
    margin-bottom.png
    142.6 KB · Views: 286
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Try to edit the form in Elementor.

At the Advance Tab, go down to Custom CSS.
When it opens, enter this code:

.elemental-search-form {
margin-bottom: 0;
}

elemental-search-form is the class that holds the bottom margin code, so this should change it once you have saved the form again.

Yluky

Yluky

Hi Koni, thank you for your answer. The code should be "elementor" not "elemental". The rest is fine:

.elementor-search-form {
}

But, that code applies to all search forms appearing, and not only to just the one I want. I know that usually we need only one search form, but... It is another issue.

Anyway, I would like Elementor guys to check it, as I think it is a bug. Supposedly, a person without knowledge of coding should be able to center the search form using only the options given, and the mouse.

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Hi Drimway - that is the problem with templates. They sometimes get stuck looking how the developer likes it and the developer forgets the user wants some control...

I would advise you take this to the Facebook Elementor Community if you want Elementor eyes on it. You can also request a feature on the git hub issues page: https://github.com/elementor/elementor/issues

Yluky

Yluky

Hi again!

It seems the problem is with Storefront theme. There is no problem with Twenty Sixteen theme, or Twenty Twenty. So it is not a problem from Elementor but from Wordpress. I am going to write to Wordpress/woocommerce guys.
Well, also I will write to Github, cause really I don't know whose "fault" is.

Last edited:
sms-design

sms-design

But, that code applies to all search forms appearing
if you have more than one form on that page correct, so give that instance a class from the advanced tab and apply Koni solution.

In the class add koni-solution

.elementor-search-form .koni-solution{
}

As Koni said each template has different spacing as you have established by changing the themes, they are all different

Yluky

Yluky

if you have more than one form on that page correct, so give that instance a class from the advanced tab and apply Koni solution.

In the class add koni-solution

.elementor-search-form .koni-solution{
}

As Koni said each template has different spacing as you have established by changing the themes, they are all different

Thank you, sms-design, I will try it. I have written to Storefront guys but didn't receive any answer.

sms-design

sms-design

Given it's still the festive season I'm not surprised, and to be honest I would not want to tackle their support ticket backlog.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official