By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Responsive sections refusing to display

David Asch

David Asch

This is my first problem with Elementor and it's become a bit frustrating.

I have set up a single post template with a single column section containing a post content widget. This is for tablet and mobile. It's set to hide on desktop and works accordingly—it displays on mobile and tablet but not on desktop.

The problem starts when I add a second section for the desktop version. I have set it to two columns with the post content widget in one column and set it to only show on desktop and hide on tablet and mobile. When I view it on either device (and also when narrowing a browser view on desktop) both sections are hidden, even though they both show up in the editor, respectively faded for each corresponding breakpoint).

It seems to be something to do with the positioning of the sections; if I swap the two sections around, the previously visible section disappears and the invisible one appears but only sections with a post content widget. If I remove that and throw in another widget, it's fine. I'm pretty sure it worked OK at some point.

Any thoughts on this?

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Instead of hiding, it may be easier to set the column width so that they stack when they are on the smaller devices.

elementor official
David Asch

David Asch

Instead of hiding, it may be easier to set the column width so that they stack when they are on the smaller devices.
Thanks, Koni. I did managed to sort it by, well, reading the manual as it were. I just hid the right column on tablet and mobile and set the left column width on both to 100%.

Still not sure why it had a problem with the two sections but it's not important now.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I'm glad it is solved.
Please add ** Solved ** to your original post so that others who see it will know.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official