By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Responsive design - how to change no. of columns depending on mode

H

Harald

I have a page with 4 columns in desktop . These 4 columns fold nicely into a single column in mobile, but they squeeze together in the tablet layout instead of folding into 2 or 3 columns. How can I achieve that these 4 desktop columns fold into 3 in tablet mode? Is that possible?

Right now I changed my desktop page to 3 columns to make it presentable in tablet mode, but in desktop mode these columns are just way to wide to look nice.

I hope somebody has a great suggestion?

elementor official
A

Amelia

Hi Harald

Stick with the four columns in desktop view. Change to tablet view in Elementor. Set the column width so that your four columns become 2 x 2. Should be staightforward. Each column 50%.

Beware tablet preview can be temperamental in E. I've swapped to Avast browser and clearing cache. Okay so far doing that.

elementor official
H

Harald

Hi Amelia,
thanks for you prompt answer!
Initially it did not so I tried again and it worked. Thanks for your help!

elementor official
H

Harald

Now I got a problem with this forum. I wanted to ask another question and when I try to post it I get:
"Sorry! You must have at least 20 posts to post link. Your current posts count is 2."

elementor official
A

Amelia

Glad you solved it!

Yes, you can't post a link until you've posted at least 20 posts. Any link-like text will be construed a link and you'll get that message. Stops people crashing in just to promote themselves in some way I guess.

elementor official
H

Harald

It is not a link and I don't want to post a link. I don't even know what a link is in that context.
I just want to post a question about how WordPress handles internal links...
Under the circumstances I will never be able to ask this question.
I could put the question in this thread right now but that would defeat the purpose as it would run under the wrong title. Maybe I'll do it anyway if I can't get the issue out any other way.

elementor official
H

Harald

I just tried to post my question as an answer here but that failed too. Something in my question text triggers the "Sorry! You must have at least 20 posts to post link..."
Really annoying!!!

elementor official
elementor official