By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Related Posts - I am displaying as single post and want to show related posts at bottom of page.

Q

qitemsdev1

This appears to be straightforward until I want to only show related posts that have the same value in an Advanced Customer Field (i.e. State=New York). The State field is used on previous page to sort all of the posts and when post is selected, the new single page is opened with the post info. I can't determine how to tell the post widget at bottom of single post page to relate to the currently dispayed post State field value. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Joe

sms-design

sms-design

Q

qitemsdev1

Does this require Anywhere Elementor plugin or can I accomplish without?

sms-design

sms-design

Some more information about version of
  • wordpress
  • elementor free/pro
  • widget
  • theme
  • Web browser
  • OS mac/pc/linux
Screenshot or site url may help people answer your questions.

Q

qitemsdev1

Thank you for the link, however this is mostly a intro to ACF fields. I have a single custom post type with 10 individual posts. Each post contains description, address type information along with a single field defined as a relationship field. Within that field, I have selected a few of the other post as being related. When I Display a single post I do so in a post widget by Elementary pro. What I want to accomplish is inserting another post widget at bottom of page that displays the related posts. I don’t believe the standard post object supports this so I am looking for any code I can use to set the data source for the bottom post widget to be related field Of the currently displayed post above. I hope that better explains what I am trying to do. Any help is greatly appreciated As I really would rather not have to purchase another plug-in. Thank you.

Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Ohh. That is beyond my skill set. You may want to visit the Elementor Community on Facebook. Someone there will have stronger experience with related posts.
I'm sorry I can't be more help.

sms-design

sms-design

In the posts widget > query > source > related > include by

Q

qitemsdev1

Thank you @sms-design. I understand up to the point you reference. The big question is what do I put in the "Include by" box to get to the related fields for the current post. The only options I can see if you input "Term" in the "Include by" box is to the select your customer post type or a taxonomy. Is there other syntax that can be used to to get the related fields for the current post to be the data source? Thank you in advance for any help.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official