By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question on License key on a localhost webserver

R

renopete

I've used the Duplicator plugin to allow me to clone a live Elementor Pro site to a localhost web server
(eg. 192.168..) to test changes I want to make.

After installing the cloned site. there was a message:

License Mismatch
Your license key doesn't match your current domain Reactivate License

However supposedly when run on a localhost, Elementor does not count that as a usage of a license.

My question:

1 - Do I simply ignore this message
or
2 - Do I click on "Reactive License" and will Elementor take note that it's running on a local host and
get rid of this warning message? I don't want to inadvertently mess up the live site.

-Pete

elementor official
liocubs

liocubs

I have the exact same issue... too bad no one answered yet...
I tried configuring xampp for virtual hosts, so the url I use won't have the "localhost", and use the original domain with .local/.test, as recommended by Elementor Pro Docs (using .local/.dev/.test should not be registered as an install - see article 326-activate-your-license-key on Elementor docs website) but xampp will always redirect to the dashboard, which is a known issue and I couldn't find any way to resolve this...

elementor official
Last edited:
F

FionaJ

Also having this issue. Seems like quite the oversight for basic web development and almost renders the license worthless if those features can only be implemented/edited on a live site... probably forces a lot of people to upgrade..

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official