By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Problems With Publishing First WP Site

C

Chris_S

I've been developing a long time and I've built websites and systems in PHP over quite a few years. This is my first time building a site in WP and using Elementor. Most of it has gone pretty well but now that I'm almost done, I have a few issues that are a bit puzzling.

Facts
  • I'm running under Win 7 locally (which shouldn't make a difference).
  • I'm using the Astra theme.
  • When I make changes, I click on the Elementor Update button and then I go back to the Wordpress page and click the Update button there.
What Is Working
  • I only used the front page so it's a pretty straightforward site. I filled in the boxes with the appropriate stuff and within Elementor everything looks fine.
  • If I do a Preview from the Wordpress page, everything displays correctly. It's perfect.
  • When I display the site directly (in the same browser),all of the text and images are there.
Problems
  • On the WP page, it shows a publish date of almost a month ago. Is that normal when I'm using Elementor instead of the WP Editor?
  • When I display the site directly in another tab in the same browser, some of the formatting and a key graphic element don't appear. Icons that are colored green come out as grey, A grey background behind one of the text sections isn't there.
  • Astra provides an image at the top of the page with a window over it that scrolls up over the image as you scroll down the page. It has some text and a video box layered on top of it. That image and the window effect is totally missing when I display it directly from the site. I get the same result when I try it in other browsers.
  • ON my phone, it seems to be stuck on an earlier version. It doesn't have the formatting issues mentioned above but it doesn't have the most recent content changes. I have tried clearing the cache on the browser but that doesn't seem to make any difference.
  • I have also viewed the site under Win 10 and that has the same issues (but it's also missing some images!)

Any tips on how to track down what's causing these issues?

elementor official
C

Chris_S

I made a few changes and all of a sudden all the problems were gone. It seems to be very sensitive to missing html statements (but I don't think that was the cause of the formatting issues). I missed a closing </b> at one point and that caused a weird problem that didn't have an obvious connection.

All's well that ends well I guess.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official