By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Populate select with custom taxonomy in Elementor

rickibarnes

rickibarnes

Hi guys, very new to Elementor, though experienced in WP and PHP.

Basically I have an Elementor form widget that has a select field. As far as I can see, you populate the select by manually typing the options.

What I want to do is populate the select with each term in a custom taxonomy. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and how I would go about achieving it?

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

This had me puzzled as well because most of the videos out there show a categories selection box which has been replaced with an include option which expands to allow the selection of term at this point you can select your category so just start typing the required taxonomy

elementor official
rickibarnes

rickibarnes

This had me puzzled as well because most of the videos out there show a categories selection box which has been replaced with an include option which expands to allow the selection of term at this point you can select your category so just start typing the required taxonomy
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand you. Is there a categories widget that functions as a select box?

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Sorry batted off in the wrong direction with that answer, I known there is a custom query filter for Post/Portfolio widgets. Custom Query Filter

Best suggestion head over to the Elementor GitHub and ask the devs.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official