By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Pop Ups not working

balbigolf

balbigolf

I created a pop up. It shows up correctly on my page but when I enter an email address and click submit it simply says "an error occured" but I have no idea what the error is.

How can I fix this please?

B

be2428

I am having this exact same issue. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

mstemp

mstemp

I'm getting the same error. Anybody figure this out?

Snag_1bfe5c03.png

Ahein

Ahein

Also happening to me and I already chose several different template popups and all give the same error. Very weird no one in this Elementor forum can reply with a solution for this, considering how easy it was to find this page on a google search and for how long this problem is reported here.

3quid

Isn't that an issue with the form submission though, not the popup?

3quid

I'd try making sure that your site can send email first. If not, some kind of SMTP work/plugin needed

3quid

(that is assuming that the form is trying to send an email?)

Ahein

Ahein

I'd try making sure that your site can send email first. If not, some kind of SMTP work/plugin needed

The website is able to send emails through a sales funnel created in Cartflows, so I don't think that's the problem. Thanks anyway.

robcltv

robcltv

The website is able to send emails through a sales funnel created in Cartflows, so I don't think that's the problem. Thanks anyway.
Same scenario. Cartflows emails work, contact form emails work, just the popup not working.

robcltv

robcltv

I figured it out. Go to the advanced tab and change the ID field to Name and Email or whatever you name them in the content area

Ahein

Ahein

I figured it out. Go to the advanced tab and change the ID field to Name and Email or whatever you name them in the content area

I'm pretty sure I already did this and had the same problem. I will try again on a new created popup. Thanks.

jacobbarlee

jacobbarlee

I haven't any word to appreciate this post....Really I'm impressed from this post.... the Individual who create this post it was a Fantastic human... thanks for shared this with us.

Ahein

Ahein

Indeed, that was the problem. I had tried before changing the ID fields but it was already on a not working popup form with other settings already messed up so it didn't work. It worked on a newly created popup though, and I don't know why those ID fields don't come already automatically filled out. Anyways, it's all working now thanks a lot @ robcltv

S

Silja

I have this same problem but unfortunately can*t get it right. On my Pop up Advanced Tab there is ccs id.. Is that the same what you are talking? I am wondering is there need to connect my e-mail address to elementor, can that be a problem that I haven't done it correct?

Ahein

Ahein

I have this same problem but unfortunately can*t get it right. On my Pop up Advanced Tab there is ccs id.. Is that the same what you are talking? I am wondering is there need to connect my e-mail address to elementor, can that be a problem that I haven't done it correct?
No, that's not the same thing I'm talking about. The ID fields I was referring to only appear when you go edit the input fields in the popup (the name and email fields),not the entire popup itself.

GPGJim

GPGJim

I've just created an account as robcltv fixed this issue for me.

You have to click on the "Email" item in the first image, then "Advanced" from the new dropdown, then change the ID field here. It was blank for me. As soon as I entered something, the error was resolved.

Hopefully this post helps someone struggling with the "An error occured" Elementor form problem (for SEO purposes).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 14.10.08.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 14.10.08.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 14.10.30.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 14.10.30.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 340
  • Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 14.10.46.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 14.10.46.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 343

Latest posts

Latest Resources