By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question Pop Ups - Closing one pop up if another is displayed/toggled.

twolar

twolar

Hi all,

I am looking to create multiple popups on the same page, but when one is shown hide the other.

e.g. click a navigation element that triggers the 'restaurant menu pop up' (this shows food category options),from which if you click one of the food categories options (lets say 'pizza') it will trigger another popup ( 'pizza popup') that shows you all of the pizza options available. But when this 'pizza pop up' shows it hides the previous "restaurant menu pop up".

I have all the linking sorted, that isn't the problem. It more so if it is possible to hide one pop up if another is shown.

I know I could do this through JQUERY or something similar, but trying to leave that as a last resort.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

3quid

You can set this to happen via Elementor.

Go into each popup you have created. Click the 'popup settings' cog in the bottom left corner. Go to 'Advanced' tab. and choose 'Avoid Multiple Popups' (see screenshot).

That should do it

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 11.02.37.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 11.02.37.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 175
twolar

twolar

Hi 3quid,

Thank you for responding!

I have tried that option previously and I tried it again to confirm, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I ticked the option you suggested on the 1st pop up "restaurant menu pop up", but when toggling the 2nd pop up ( 'pizza popup'),the 1st one does not disappear and sits behind the 2nd pop up.

I have also tried it with both of the popups having that option ticked along with always making sure cache is cleared before testing too.

Is there some option maybe else where that would be preventing the 'avoid multiple pop ups' option from functioning correctly?

Thank you,
Taylor

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official