By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Please help! Sections have no transparency - Hello Theme

K

ksyforth

Hi,

I really hope someone can help with this because this really limits what I can do design-wise.

I am using Hello Elementor theme, and Elementor Pro.

Problem: no matter how I try to set transparency on a section or column, white pixels show up instead.
This is what I have tried, all to no avail:

- the usual method of picking a color and adjusting the transparency slider (of course!)

- created a semi-transparent png in photoshop and inserted
- it.

- inserted custom css on sections (and a column in it). I have tried the following codes:
first, to test that I get some response to make sure I type the code correctly:
selector {background-color: red;} That works: the background duly turns red.
Then I changed the "red" to other things without touching the rest of the code, and tried all of the codes below:

selector {background-color: transparent;
}
selector {background-color: opacity: 0.5;
}
selector {background-color: opacity: 0.5 !important;
}
selector {background-color: transparent !important;
}
selector {background-color: rgba(230,0,0,0.2) !important;}

None of them worked. I tried this on different sections.
I even tried to insert some of them in the custom css in the site settings themselves, which did not work either.

What else could I try?

Thank you very, very much if you can help!

E

elementor-tww

Hi
For testing i made a background image to the site.
(-->"site-settings"). See screenshot. And then you see that the background
of the columns or the sections are transparent. Is it possible that the "site-settings"
have a white background color?
Andreas

Attachments

• transparent_background_01.jpg
    transparent_background_01.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 32
K

ksyforth

Thank you very much for suggesting this. Unfortunately it does not seem to be the problem: I just checked the site settings, the background was not set to white, and just to make sure I now set it to "transparent," and yet I am still getting the same issue.

E

elementor-tww

For testing you can set in the "site-settings" a image.
Looks it nearly like my screenshot?

K

ksyforth

Wow! Now I see what you mean! I just went to site settings and set background there to an image, and now indeed I can see that the sections and columns are transparent.

Thank you very, very much!

This means that I have a different problem than what I thought... I'm not sure what though. The reason why I thought my sections and columns were not transparent at all is because they don't seem to behave that way in the context of the parallax effect I was trying to achieve: when, on any given page (without using site settings here) I scroll so that a section and its columns go over the section I set as background, the background one does not appear at all no matter how I set the transparency of the section and columns meant to "go over it". Do you have an idea as to what may be going on there?

Again, thank you very, very much for your help.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official