By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

PDF Links not downloading, goes to a page does not exist link.

cincybuilder

cincybuilder

I have a PDF and I would like viewers to click an image link and download a PDF. Simple right? Not this installation. When I add the PDF (URL taken from image library) to link field of the basic image widget (or button widget),it redirects to a page that does not exist, instead of opening the PDF to download. Click on PDF image, which should open the PDF.

Yet when I copy and paste the same URL it properly opens in a new window. It seems as if Elementor is blocking the PDF from downloading and redirects to a page does not exist, when attached to an image or button link in Elementor. Regardless of open in new window, no follow or not, I just cannot get a PDF link to work properly with Elementor.

Everything is up to the latest version, I tried disabling Security plugin, issue persists.

Attachments

• pdf_issue_10.png
    pdf_issue_10.png
    495.7 KB · Views: 261
  • pdf_issue_20.png
    pdf_issue_20.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 279
cincybuilder

cincybuilder

I realized this isn't he official support and placed a ticket directly with Elementor Official Support. Others don't seem to be having this same problem.

savitri

savitri

and still no one answer. seems like this forum not useful and only share our problem without getting any solution :(

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official