By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Page building with Elementor

M

MacBilly

Do I need to customise a WordPress theme? Can I not go directly to a page makeup using Elementor and Elementor templates?

When I first started a couple of years ago I followed a YouTube video showing how to customise a WordPress theme OceanWP and I duly installed the WP theme. It took forever to delete all the stuff I didn't want - like sidebar and title. So today it occurred to me that I might be able to design a web site directly with Elementor and Elementor Pro.

However, I realise it might not be possible. If it's not possible can anyone tell me how to set up OceanWP theme so that I can get on with designing a web site? I would like to have a totally blank Elementor page on which I can then install an Elementor page template, header and footer?

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
You can in theory create a site solely with Elementor with the theme builder, making headers, footer global, then page designs as you wish. The theme is simply a basis for that to happen and some themes offer more flexibility to those who can't manage.

Personally, I always prefer to design headers and footers in a theme and use Elementor as just a page builder rather than theme builder. But each have their merits for ease of use , performance and customisablity.

M

MacBilly

My problem is not being able to delete the WordPress page title and the list of items on the right side of the canvas. I have inserted an Elementor page template but it doesn't override the WordPress settings side panel. I have gone back into the WordPress settings > unticked all customer panels > save changes, but nothing I do seems to delete or hide anything. I'd be grateful for any help offered. Thanks.
Screenshot (174).png

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Have you changed the page template to Elementor Full Width ?

S3xErQ.jpg

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official