By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Noob User asking the obvious question on changing Themes

Sionel

Sionel

I jumped into Elementor a few weeks back, followed a tutorial and ended up with the bones of a site built on top of the OceanWP theme.

As a complete novice I made all the expected mistakes and am now trying to put them all right. I've also considered a change of Theme but, on my first attempt at trying to do this, I realise I don't really understand HOW to change a theme without losing most of my content.

Is there a way to do this or am I more or less going to have to start from scratch if it's what I want to do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Hi Sionel,
My understanding is that the Theme controls the look and feel of the site.
The content should remain the same overall.
Just in case, I would keep a document file of all your content, like a mock page, so you can quickly fix it if you need.

elementor official
Sionel

Sionel

I think I will bite the bullet today, archive off everything I can to the best of my abilities and install a new theme. Worst case is I have to rebuild all the pages, I guess.

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

Good luck for you. I had to change to Woostify from Hello if I want to actually get my multi-vendor site to work - which I do. I like Hello for it's lightness, but it was too light.

Main issues I had were changing the font styles and creating the Mega Menu. My content stayed the same.

Let me know how it goes for you.

elementor official
elementor official