By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Navigating to Anchor with Offset for Sticky Header not working from Top of Page

P

PCUBED

I am using anchors to navigate between sections on my one-page website. I have custom CSS to offset the anchor with my sticky header. In my menu/header, I have custom links that use the url of my website with the #"anchor name" at the end.

My problem is that when I first load my page, if I don't scroll and just click a link in the header, the offset doesn't work. Only after I scroll down 1px (or more) and click a link in the header does the offset work. It should also be noted that if I scroll down and then scroll back to the top and click a link in the header, the offset still doesn't work.

I think the problem has something to do with the shrinking sticky header (it shrinks to a smaller size once I start scrolling). Whenever I click a header link below the top of the page, the offset works, whenever I click a link at the very top (with the enlarged header),it doesn't.

I checked to make sure the issue isn't that the header stays large when a link is clicked at the top of the page. It still shrinks during the scrolling animating.

Anyone know how to fix this?

elementor official

Attachments

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official