By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

My website on the computer and mobile won't fit from side to side

Andrew0409

Andrew0409

I can't see to find out how to fix this. There is a huge gap on the side for my banner on on the PC. On the mobile the it fits side to size but the top and bottom is cut out. Any advice on how to fix this?

A

Agemo

A screen grab would help.

Have you noticed the responsive icon beside settings for various elements, so you can assign specific parameters/dimensions etc. etc for desktop, tablet and phone?

There are also padding and margin settings to almost every element, you might want to check these, as they can be set in many respect to the device screen for responsive layouts.

Probably should check - page settings > page layout

Then perhaps, look at a section, check the "content width", options are full width or boxed.

I usually make all the sections the same.

Also take note of the "stretch section" that has a Y/N option, it's located toward the end of the layout tab.

I tend to set a section to yes for stretched and define a boxed section, say 900px wide and duplicate that section as many times as I need on the page.

I try leave responsive tweaking and fiddling closer to the end, once the design begins to gel logically and visually, otherwise you might end up chasing your tail.

Hope some of that helps. If you ever have a screen grab

Andrew0409

Andrew0409

A screen grab would help.

Have you noticed the responsive icon beside settings for various elements, so you can assign specific parameters/dimensions etc. etc for desktop, tablet and phone?

There are also padding and margin settings to almost every element, you might want to check these, as they can be set in many respect to the device screen for responsive layouts.

Probably should check - page settings > page layout

Then perhaps, look at a section, check the "content width", options are full width or boxed.

I usually make all the sections the same.

Also take note of the "stretch section" that has a Y/N option, it's located toward the end of the layout tab.

I tend to set a section to yes for stretched and define a boxed section, say 900px wide and duplicate that section as many times as I need on the page.

I try leave responsive tweaking and fiddling closer to the end, once the design begins to gel logically and visually, otherwise you might end up chasing your tail.

Hope some of that helps. If you ever have a screen grab

I have done all of that. It could be my banner isn't sized right.

I can create a new banner but I need to now the correct width and length, how do i do this?

A

Agemo

When you say banner, is the "banner" a graphic/image file?

If so it could be fighting with your layout i.e. too big and pushing layout elements out o place, thus a screen grab would be useful but understand if you wish not to share - you could always mock it up to demonstrate the point. In doing that you might figure it out too!

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official