By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Question My images are all indexed on a page for each since the use of Elementor

C

CapV

Hello,

I have been using Elementor for many of my sites for about 2 years.

However, unlike my old sites, I noticed that all the images are indexed on a page for each, and this since I use Elementor. This is a problem for me because it totally dilutes the SEO work that I do for my sites.

Has anyone noticed this on their site? And did he find a solution?

PS: I did deactivate the indexing of my "media" files via All in one SEO but nothing worked.

Thank you.

sms-design

sms-design

I would take you ? over to the FB Elementor Community some good SEO guys in there

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
By default images will be indexable on attachment pages, that's wordpress not Elementor. If you wish to restrict those pages then you'd need to tell your SEO plugin to no-index/nofollow them, or redirect attachments/images to parent post.

This will depend on what SEO plugin you use as to how this can be done. Its likely if you havent had this before, that your old theme had the functionality built in. As SEO consultants by trade, we build this into our framework for the exaxt reason you've outlined.

C

CapV

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I was able to redirect the photo pages to the parent pages thanks to this. However, they are still indexed despite the fact that I checked "non-index" on my SEO tool. It usually takes time, I hope that's why.

Case to follow.

Community

Community

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I was able to redirect the photo pages to the parent pages thanks to this. However, they are still indexed despite the fact that I checked "non-index" on my SEO tool. It usually takes time, I hope that's why.

Case to follow.

Yes it will take a few months for all pages to be totally deindexed naturally, redirecting them will help speed up that process as Google recrawls them

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official