By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Management decided to change the look of our website, how can you migrate existint contents into a new Theme?

1sko

Good day guys,

Newbie question from a newbie like me. Our management decided to have a new look of our company website, so basically they want a new theme/template running on the website in order to have a new look. Our current website(1 year old) is running on The7 theme + elementor page builder, and they are planning to change the theme into a new one (Astra - most probably) + elementor page builder. My question is, how can I transfer the existing contents(blogs, pages, etc) into the new theme? Haven't done this in my existence so I dont have any idea on what will be the workflow. Hoping for your understanding and kind response.

E

elementor-tww

First: All of your content will be preserved with a new wordpress-theme:
My tipp:
Make a copy of the existing site. For instance with "Duplicator" Plugin
Take the copy to a new folder like "yourwebsite.com/new_website"
Make a new database and install the copy. Later work with the copy.
Work with a seperate folder it is easier to work.
At last, when all works with the new website, switch the directory on the webspace from "yourwebsite.com" to "yourwebsite.com/new_website"
None of this is trivial. But works very well.
It's a lot of work. I think this is not a job for a beginner! ;)

Best regards
Andreas

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official