By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Major question about Single Post Templates

Samoreen

Samoreen

Hi,

I'm just starting with Elementor and single post templates and I stumble on an important issue.

When editing the template in the Elementor template, I can add widgets from the Single section like Post Title, Post Information, etc. That's OK. Now, if I want to add a widget from another section (e.g. an Image Box widget),I can also do that but after publishing the template, when editing a new post in Elementor, I can't change any setting to that widget. The code generated by the widget is now frozen and can no longer be modified. Only the widgets from the Single section are still alive.

My approach was to create a post skeleton and to allow the contributor to create a new post in a given category by just changing the post text and adjusting the settings of a few additional widgets (for example, specifying a different image in Image Box mentioned above). This doesn't seem to be possible.

This is a big disappointment because this will force me to change my post editing strategy.

Could anyone please confirm this or did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

Samoreen

Samoreen

OK. I guess the answer is CPT UI + ACF.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official