By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Looking for forum plugin that works with Elementor & registered users

R

RickyO

bbPress just doesn't seem to be a candidate (unless I'm missing something). It just doesn't play well with Elementor (or itself for what it's worth....).
Any options considered that will or will combine to allow a forum open only to registered users and editable with Elementor.
Thanks in advance.

B

blenkhn

Did you find a good solution? There is way to much work to be done to make it even remotely compatible.

R

RickyO

Not so far. Closest I can come is LearnDash or memberPress. Still not what I was hoping for. Still looking.
Thanks.

B

blenkhn

Memberpress is a great plugin for managing members. It is not a forum. I am trying a couple of other and will let you know what I think. Are you willing to pend money?

R

RickyO

Memberpress is a great plugin for managing members. It is not a forum. I am trying a couple of other and will let you know what I think. Are you willing to pend money?
Yes, spending money not a problem.

We can go two different directions with this site.

Originally, I wrote a book; and the original idea was to offer free pdf versions for download, with an option to join a subscription membership area/discussion area.

Then, in reviewing and doing some psychographics, it became apparent the focus market aren't strong readers of lengthy books.

As an alternative, we are (highly) considering breaking the book into logical sections, offering a free sample section, and then marketing the other sections (currently a dozen [near 300 pages] and growing) individually or as three-packs, giving the reader the ability to select the sections which best meet their questions.

So, that leaves me with the two options I previously mentioned: LearnDash and memberPress. Just not sure which way to go, and the YT videos and other reviews don't go much further than basics or intro info.

So, any opinions, input you would like to share would be great.

Thanks in advance.

B

blenkhn

I really like memberpress for it's versatility and ease of setting up. The only challenge is that memberpress can be expensive. There is a option for drip education and purchasing. However it is very much meant for membeship style websites.

What kind of income are you after? do you just want to sell the book? Seems that if you are woocommerce might be a much better fit. Shopping cart style. Memberpress is much more suited to selling ongoing education like learndash. I have not worked with learndash though and cannot be of much help there.

I apologize for my spelling earlier. I have been very much underthe gun lately to get projects completed. Being a web-designer is hard when you have many projects on the go.

R

RickyO

Will memberPress provide forums (its own) via registration? Considering the addition of discussion forums (bbPress) or social network; but the social network (buddypress) seems a bit much and from the reviews, it seems a bit 'under-documented'/frustrating.
Also, Ultimate Membership (ultimatemember-dot-com/) caught my eye.

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official