By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Login / Logout button in header or top bar

B

BlueDesigner2020

Hi,
I am new to the forum and I´d like to introduce myself:
I am from germany and I am building my e commerce business. For that I am using wordpress.org and a couple of differnt plugins:

- Elementor Pro
- Woocommerce
- crocobloc suite
- updraft
- borlabs cookie

theme is ocean wp + chield theme (which I am not using yet)

For a couple of days I am googling and searching the forums for a solution for two things:
A login / logout button, that changes dynamicly depending on the login status of the user
- which means logged in = it shows logout | logged out = shows login

As simple as this sounds, I am not able to find the right code for the button link, html code, or custom css, that makes my elementor button do just that.

And this has something to do with the 1rst problem:
I can´t finde a plugin, an elementor widget, a crocobloc widget or any kind of custom code, that does the following:

a login widget (or button or link ) that offers everything that the elementor login widget offers + the option to sign out of my user account.
I know this sounds stupid, but I can´t find a way of logging out of the user profile other than using the worpress adminbar (which in the long run, I would like to disable for all users, except the admin).

All I am really looking for is a button in the top bar of my website, that shows login ( for a user, that is not logged in ),this button then toggles a popup widget of elementor (which I already build and it works perfectly for logging in) with a login form: username | password. Then the user types in his credentials and signs in to his profile and has access to this recent orders, wishlist, edit his profile (name, adress, email etc.) and lastly, when he is done wth his shopping he can user the same button in the header (which used to be login) to now log out of his profile.

All of this without showing the wordpress standard login / logout page and no redirects to any wordpress pages.

PLEASE, can someone help me with this, I don´t know, how everyone seems to either have a solution for this, or a genius workaround.

Any help would be much appreciated.
one note: I have no experience with custom code other than the elementor custom css option, so if anyone has a solution with custom code, would you be so kind to take a moment and explain in detail how and where to insert it.

big thanks in advance and hopefully there are others interested in this post :)

with kind regards
blue

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official