By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Linking "chat button" to facebook chat box.

H

hazelsmasher

Preface: I'm about 1 month in on my "learning elementor," journey, so go easy on me. Also, if it's relevant, I'm using the free version of Elementor

Context: I've added a facebook chat box on my site using the code that facebook provided. I took that code and added into an empty html block at the end of the page. Not sure if that's what I was meant to do, but it appears to be working. The chat icon floats in the bottom right corner, and when it clicks, it loads facebook chat as a popup window.

I'd like to have multiple buttons, that when clicked, they pop open that facebook chat window, but I can't figure out how to link a button to that facebook chat icon.

Here's the code that facebook provided, incase that is relevant.

<!-- Load Facebook SDK for JavaScript -->
<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>
window.fbAsyncInit = function() {
FB.init({
xfbml : true,
version : 'v9.0'
});
};

(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = 'connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk/xfbml.customerchat.js';
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<!-- Your Chat Plugin code -->
<div class="fb-customerchat"
attribution=setup_tool
page_id="MYPAGEIDNUMBER">
</div>

H

hazelsmasher

js.src line actually has an http in front of it, but new forum users can't post links.

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official