By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Linking an Animation/Video (.json) to Scroll progress

T

Timo Rick

Hello there!

At our creative agency we recently switched from Webflow to Elementor for Wordpress, and I've been having a blast with it so far.
However, I would like to know wheter there is any way (or plugin) with which I could link the progress of an animation to the scroll progress.
This was possible in Webflow by simply exporting a video as a .json file in After Effects and then linking the progress of the video to the scrolling, as shown here in this tutorial (done in webflow):

I would really like to know wheter this is possible with Elementor or any plugins you guys know of.

Kind regards,
Timo

elementor official
T

trick

Hi Timo,

Wonder if you had any luck finding a solution for this ?
Would dropping a series of JPG's in place and alternatively switching them on/off based on scroll be too slow?

Thanks,

Erik

elementor official
T

Timo Rick

Hi Timo,

Wonder if you had any luck finding a solution for this ?
Would dropping a series of JPG's in place and alternatively switching them on/off based on scroll be too slow?

Thanks,

Erik
Hi Erik,

Yes, I did just now! In July 2020 they implented a new tool called Lottie Animations. It is possible to link the .json to scroll, or play it on hover/on click, whatever you like.

Simply use the AE plugin "bodymovin" to export your Animation as .JSON and import it into your "Lottie Animation" in Elementor. Works like a charm.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Timo

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official