By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Wordpress and Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!

Issues with elementor page template

X

Xaleah

Hello,

I made a post yesterday regarding this issue, but that's outdated by now, so here's a new one with a clear description of what I'm doing and what's going on.

Its about lifetolegend dot com. (Can't post any links yet, I'm sorry about that).

1: I made a new 'single post' type template assigned to 'posts'. this template holds a sidebar, a header menu, an empty image block (widget),an empty title block (widget) and an empty text block (widget).

2: I go to the standard WP new post editor, make a new post and post it. The masonry cards of both the front page ánd the blog page (can be found in the menu at the top) show the correct image, the correct title and the correct text (excerpt, which I didn't set manually, so had been adopted right from the article text). However, when I click on 'read more' it shows a blank page, as I set it before in the Elementor template editor.

Note that I didn't change any of the settings in the WP text editor at the backend, I just added some text and a title, no more.
When checking all my other blog posts (which are mostly tests and placeholders) they áll show an empty page.

This means that for some reason, the elementor single post template I made for blog posts (assigned to posts) forces it's layout ánd the content onto all the blog posts I make. I tested it with adding some text to this very template, just to find this text (and title, and image) in every blog post I made.
Note that the masonry cards linking to the posts still show the correct text and title.

What is going on here?
Thanks!
~Tess

Latest posts

Latest Resources

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official