By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Image Widget - Dynamic - Shortcode not working

mw108

Hello,

I want to display an image via a custom shortcode:

Zwischenablage01.jpg

But it isn't working. There is simply nothing displayed. Neither in the editor, nor in the front end. Also not if I remove the brackets [ ... ] around the shortcode and try "brand_banner" only.

However, if I use a simple text editor widget and put the shortcode in, it works as expected.

Zwischenablage02.jpg

This is the code for the shortcode:
PHP:
public function shortcode_brand_banner( $atts ){$brand = $this->getRandomBrandFromPool();
    $variantIndex = 1;
    $variantLabel = [ '0', 'a', 'b', 'c' ];
    // Return the rendered image HTML.
    return ( types_render_field( 'image-brand-' . $variantLabel[ $variantIndex ], [ 'post_id' => $brand->post->ID ] ) );
}
I thought maybe it is because it doesn't expect rendered image HTML, but only an image URL. So I changed the code to this, but it doesn't work either:
PHP:
public function shortcode_brand_banner( $atts ){$brand = $this->getRandomBrandFromPool();
    $variantIndex = 1;
    $variantLabel = [ '0', 'a', 'b', 'c' ];
    // Only return image URL.
    $image = get_post_meta( $brand->post->ID, 'wpcf-image-brand-' . $variantLabel[ $variantIndex ] )[ 0 ];
    return ( $image );
}
So, what am I doing wrong here? How can I display an image via Dynamic Shortcode? :)

Thank you!

elementor official
elementor official