By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Question Image in a Text box

Sigurd

Sigurd

Newby to Wordpress so bear with me!

I create a section with a text box and an image box. The image (Photo 1) on the right uses up the whole of its box but the matching text (Block 1) on the left only uses about a third of its space.
Below this there are more sections/text.image boxes.
So when the page is viewed there is a large white space below the Block 1 text and to the left of Photo 1.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't paste a Photo 2 into this space? It seems to work OK. The only difference I can see is that I can manipulate the photo in the image box but not the one in the text box.
Probably bad practice but if so I would appreciate being told why!

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Hi could you share a screenshot or a website url for us to see the problem

elementor official
Sigurd

Sigurd

Use URL below (less *s) - not posted enough to allow me to post a link. Hope I am not breaking any rule by doing it this way but a screen shot doesn't really show problem.

http://**test.stbees.org.uk**/home/visitors/walks/

elementor official
Koni Kodes

Koni Kodes

I don't think it is wrong to place an image below the left side text. But sometimes the eyes confuse easily, and I think part of design is making it sure it isn't too busy for the user.

Perhaps you could move the
Coast to Coast, setting out from the village
up to below the original text as a sub-group. And add an image of the Priory to the left of
Staying in St Bees before you start the walk?

Just a thought...

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

""The only difference I can see is that I can manipulate the photo in the image box but not the one in the text box."

That's because you insert an image via the text editor, grab the image widget and drop it in the column under the text widget.

elementor official
Sigurd

Sigurd

Thank you both for your help and Koni, for your suggestions. I take your point about avoiding making the page too busy, but I have a lot of information to put in. The original site (http://**.stbees.org.uk/ ) first saw the light of day around 25 years ago and has evolved into one containing over 500 pages. All written in mostly in outdated HTML. I am updating it to Wordpress and trying to compromise between too many/few pages and too much/little information on each one.

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

25 years ago 5yrs after I started coding pages there are ways to take old html sites and import into wordpress but there is also the fact that info is now outdated, so thus of little benefit. Glad we could help.

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official