By using Elementorforum.com’s services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join the Best Unofficial Elementor Support forum

Provide or get advice on everything Elementor and Wordpress, ask questions, gain confirmation or just become apart of a friendly, like minded community who love Wordpress and Elementor

Join us!
elementor official

Image file management

Sigurd

Sigurd

The site I am working on is large and I have many images to fit into it. My concern is to keep the total size of the site down to reasonable levels on the server, so I don't want a load of unused images in the /wp-content/uploads folder.

To simplify image availability when creating a page, all images, where possible, are resized to ~1200 x 800 before uploading to an appropriate folder in my Media Library, and I upload all the files I am likely to need for the whole site. Having all files I am likely to need in the Media Library is faster than having to keep on having to look for and upload images from my computer as and when they are needed.

When I select an image file in Elementor, I have the option of 4 sizes. However, regardless which size I opt for on the web page, according to FTP, I have the 4 versions in the /wp-content/uploads folder - 150x150, 400x267, 768x512, and 1200x800. This is using up server space.

In the short term, I am happy to upload all the images I am likely to need, and accept the 4 different sized copies Elementor generates, as this is the easiest way to manage the web page development. In the long term, I don't want all the unused versions taking up space on the server.

Before going down the short term route, am I right in thinking that once I am finished developing the site, I can then use something like Media Cleaner (Pro) to clear out all the unused versions?

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

In WP admin > settings > media you can set the required image sizes for your design layout.

If you find yourself replacing images with a new image I strongly suggest the plugin "Enable Media Replace" this will over write the current media file with your new version and maintain associated links.

File media management is a hotly debated topic but one of the best plugins I use on large sites is "filebird" just so I can mirror my local folder system.

Media Cleaner is a good option

elementor official
Sigurd

Sigurd

Thanks for this. I must also look at Filebird as one of the problems I am having is trying to keep track of the multitude of pages needed. The original web site (we discussed in another thread) which I having to convert to WP had something like 500 pages accessed via a top level menu of about 20 categories. The Pages section of the Dashboard is already getting a bit hard to find my way around!

elementor official
sms-design

sms-design

Head over to your tube and watch a few vids on understanding wordpress.

In your page section of the WP Admin pages select 'quick edit' there is a box called 'Parent'

So now create a parent page called 'walks' (that never gets publish to frontend)

Now quick edit another page called 'walk one' and assign the parent page as Walks.

You will start to have a hierarchical order in your admin > pages

elementor official

Latest posts

Other Elementor Resources

elementor official
elementor official